Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you have SNAKES in your garden?

Go down 
5 posters

Do you like Snakes?
No
Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_lcap25%Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Yes
Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_lcap0%Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
George Bush is a Snake.
Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_lcap75%Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Albert
Administrator
Albert

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 5:08 am

If you have snakes in your garden, or your yard , if it be a large yard or a smaller one, then it's time to do something about it.

If you are a new owner of a property and find that the garden and lawn has been left to overgrow , then clean it all up so the snakes have no where to shelter or hide. Better still get someone else to do it , if you are afraid of snakes. If you've spotted one , you can be sure there are more around.

The process of eliminating snakes can take several years but the time factor can be hastened if you keep your yard always tidy. Don't ever kill a snake. You'll have nightmares for years after if you do.

I've found that dogs do not like snakes and snakes do not like dogs, so if you can , get a dog or two and the snakes pick up their scent and head off for some other place. Some breed of dogs have no snake sense and will try to attack them , only in turn to get bitten and die. Get a dog that has snake sense and just barks at them letting you know that they have spotter something strange in your garden.

I have added a poll and it's not a multiple-choice poll so you only get one vote. Choose you answer carefully.
Back to top Go down
http://sellaman.50webs.com/
yelladogartist
Pollytician
yelladogartist

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm

I hate snakes.
So far as I'm concerned, they're ALL deadly because they could cause me to have a heart attack, or hurt myself getting away. So if I can, I kill all snakes. I prefer to run them over with a car. Or get somebody else to shoot them or stomp them to death. But now that they're in my yard, I shall have to carry a heavy pole with me, pounding out ahead of myself.
And don't tell me they're more scared of me than i am of them. I used to take comfort in that. Until one day when I was painting under a tree in company of about 8 other artists, all of us stomping around, talking and laughing. And a snake about 6ft long came towards us, slithered through our group (which scattered and screamed pretty fast) and went into a hole at the base of the tree. So that theory is blasted to hell.
And dogs--my friend has a dog, and also got three burros, because she'd heard they kill snakes. And yet she's had to kill THREE rattlesnakes in her FRONT yard, because the burros were elsewhere right then. And the dog was with them.
I'd like to have a secretary bird and several mongeese (mongooses?) on patrol at all times, but don't know where I could get some.
My heavy pole will have a sharp end to it. I'd carry a gun when I go in the yard, and I'm a pretty good shot, but I've done that before--I get too excited and can't hit the damn things and they get away. And I'm pretty sure it would alarm my neighbors to no end.
Back to top Go down
PB
Pollytician
PB

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 3:58 pm

George Bush isn't a snake's arsehole, but I still hate him as the worst war criminal in the history of humanity

Adolf Hitler was a naive alter boy next to George Bush and George Bush is a filthy corrupt defiling priest next to alter boy Adolf....
Back to top Go down
rightasrain
Pollytician
rightasrain

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 1:41 am

No, we don't have snakes but we could, any day.

We had them in the Blue Mountains when we lived there years ago (west of Sydney for those not in the know) and one got into our lounge room. I had a little baby sleeping in the bedroom down the hall and had visions of that snake going down the passageway. We got him out but as a mum it freaked me out.
Back to top Go down
Albert
Administrator
Albert

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 3:37 am

rightasrain, a friend had a shack in the mountains near Dungog in the rainforest and let me use it many years ago. The last time I went there, a red belly black snake crawled out from under the couch I was lying on. So I went outside to get away from it and spotted another two outside of the shack. I've never ever went back to the shack.

yelladogartist, when we first move in here 17 years ago we had a lot of snakes including the most poisionous snake in the world, which is called a brown snake. For the first 5 years we always walked around with caution especially if we wondered off in the tall grass in the padocks where the grass was so tall that you could not see your feet. It was scary then.
But now the snakes have almost totally disappeared , possibly because of the severe drought we are having. The only snakes we see now are the little grass snakes which are harmless. Oh ! I did see a red belly black snake (they are very poisionous too) 4 weeks ago but it just slithered off away and never saw it again.
Back to top Go down
http://sellaman.50webs.com/
yelladogartist
Pollytician
yelladogartist

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 3:36 pm

I should be grateful our snakes here in the S aren't as badass as the ones you've got in Australia.
Speaking of Snakes and Bush--Bush isn't a snake--he's Caligula reincarnated.
With another dose of evil self-centeredness thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
tilly
Pollytician
tilly

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? EmptyThu May 31, 2007 4:16 am

I am afraid of poisonous snakes. They seem more agressive. Carpet snakes are beautiful but they still have a nasty bite. I saw someone get bitten by a carpet.. So i am always careful around them.

I'm a country girl so i've had multiple encounters with all types of snakes. They do give me nightmares. We have had them venture inside our house many times... Last time it was a green tree snake.

Poor little thing we were sweeping it out the door and we accidently killed it cos we slammed the door on it's head! Cry Baby As for george bush.. Don't insult snakes!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have SNAKES in your garden?   Do you have SNAKES in your garden? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have SNAKES in your garden?
Page 1 of 1