Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The glass house

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tilly
Pollytician
tilly

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-02

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: The glass house   The glass house EmptyThu May 31, 2007 4:38 am

To all the Aussies in the house. Are you all familiar with the glass house? It was a one of the most successful shows on ABC. Very clever, hilarious and witty.

The show gave Australian politicians and media personalities a weekly roasting. I often laughed myself to tears and wondered at the end of the program how they got away with the things they said.

It was probably one of the best shows around. It used humour as a device to get young people interested in politics and current events. Sadly because the ABC relies on goverment the show was canned due to it's controversial content.

I am outraged! It was one of the only shows around that was both informative and entertaining!!

Why should our government dictate what shows we watch??? Is there anyone on here who is familiar with the show? Bloody Howard!!
Back to top Go down
Albert
Administrator
Albert

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2007-02-26

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 12:59 am

I'm very sorry I missed that show. It must have been great. I'm pretty sure rightasrain would have seen it. She doesn't seem to miss anything. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://sellaman.50webs.com/
rightasrain
Pollytician
rightasrain

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-03-05

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 am

I LOVED the Glass House!! Fantastic fun... a bit crude for my liking at
times and when it first came on I thought it was much funnier than the
recent ones.

Tilly, you should watch The Side Show with Paul McDermott, ABC on a
Saturday night. It's fantastic fun and I think you'll really like it.

The govt decided to axe Glass House? I doubt it.....

Albert, do you think you could put Tilly's location as Australia, the
same as yours? And on mine too it it's not there. Thanks... I can't
remember from one day to the next who lives where lol...
Back to top Go down
Albert
Administrator
Albert

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 4:36 am

rar,,, I can do, but if you want to, you can do it yourself by clicking 'Profile" on the top of the page and add not only where you're from but also other info about yourself.

eg; ...you find on the profile page things like this;

Your Web Site :
Hobby :
But only your Location and web site get displayed on all your posts. The rest of the info gets displayed on the profile button on all your posts. Look at mine. It has 'www' so people can click directly to go to my online art gallery.

If tilly wants to put Australia on her profile , it's up to her. These are all options for members.
Also I think Eagle One put his age .....and it's displayed ,, but he didn't have to do that. I must tell him one day.

POLLY
Back to top Go down
rightasrain
Pollytician
rightasrain

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks Albert, Didn't realise all that :-)
Back to top Go down
Albert
Administrator
Albert

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 7:02 am

That's ok. It's just a matter of getting used to different types of forums and to know what they can do. I've spent a lot of time on Deviant Art working out how everything works,,,, or doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
tilly
Pollytician
tilly

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-02

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi right as rain.. Wow i haven't been on here for a while but i will check it out thank you. I honestly think that the show was shut down.. C'mon government funding??? Bagging out the goverment weekly.

If it wasn't canned then why did they close out the show when it was recieving the highest ratings ever??
Back to top Go down
rightasrain
Pollytician
rightasrain

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 am

Tilly, Slideshow has just come back on for a new series :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The glass house Empty
PostSubject: Re: The glass house   The glass house Empty

Back to top Go down

The glass house
Page 1 of 1